Thursday, February 27, 2014

Heritage Square

What a beautiful Saturday we had for a paint-out at the Heritage Square Museum.  It's an architectural museum showcasing eight historically significant Victorian-era buildings.  They were moved to Heritage Square between 1969 and 2005, saved from being demolished at their original locations.  The open-air museum is lovely to visit and tours are available.  As I painted, the bits I heard of passing tours were fascinating, telling the development of Los Angeles.  I chose a shady spot to paint a view of the Palms Depot, built in 1875, and the railroad car.  We also saw a resident cat, chickens, and a rooster.  I'm looking forward to a another visit, and maybe another paint-out, around the holidays when the buildings are decorated.    


8 x 10" watercolor




4 comments:

  1. What a nice place to paint, Sherry. I love your strong light, and the little tree wisps frame the composition so nicely. Beautiful color palette, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much Terry. I always appreciate your comments.

      Delete
  2. This is lovely, I feel that I am sitting with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great comment Polly! Maybe that's what I'm always trying for!

      Delete