Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Gift

A gift, as well as something new for me to try - a night scene!  I really enjoy the oil paintings of local scenes at night by artist (Ezra Suko) and thought I might try one in gouache.  

A friend works at a nearby favorite restaurant and she's moving back to Thailand very soon.  She asked me for a painting to take with her!  What would be a good choice?  I took a photo of the South Pasadena restaurant at night because the colorful lights around the patio are so festive.  I thought a small gouache would be fun and not too much to pack.  Our friend, who worked there for ten years, was surprised and touched when I gave the framed painting to her.  Maybe I'll try a night scene in transparent watercolor next which I think would be quite a challenge.

4 x 6" gouache

  


6 comments:

  1. Thoughtful gift Sherry and wonderfully painted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Sherry, you really get the feeling of a night scene - great job and awesome gift!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Joani! This was certainly different!

      Delete
  2. Great gift, Sherry, and so well done. You nailed the night scene! Your lettering looks picture perfect, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terry! Had to leave out some small words of the sign. Would have been too cramped.

      Delete