Sunday, November 3, 2013

Fuller Seminary

I came across a watercolor from a couple months ago that I haven't posted yet.  I painted it on a Saturday paint-out with the group at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena.  This location was also where I first painted with the Saturday group over a year ago.  At that time I had only been to a few plein air paint-outs and although I liked a couple areas in my painting, I was hoping to improve on my second visit.  The Fuller campus is located in what was a residential neighborhood.  It was a very fine old Pasadena neighborhood with large, beautiful homes which are now used by the seminary.  The homes are still on their old street, surrounded by mature trees and lovely gardens, a really pretty place to paint.  I chose a view past one of the old homes to some of Pasadena's downtown buildings for some background interest.  
     

10" x 8" Watercolor


10 comments:

  1. A lovely view! And a great contrast to the buildings at the back too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catharina! Thank You, it was a really nice morning to paint there.

      Delete
  2. This a lovely scene Sherry, wish I could join some of your paintouts to see you in action, you always do a brilliant job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine! Wouldn't it be great to paint together sometime!

      Delete
  3. What a super painting Sherry... agree with Lorraine... would be lovely to join you!! Still need to get some plein air practice done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judith! So happy you commented and wish you could join me! Must say our weather is good for plein air practice.

      Delete
  4. A really pretty painting, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one, Sherry! (I especially enjoy seeing photo too.) You make watercolors look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! Wish I could paint in oils as you do. :-)

      Delete