Saturday, February 23, 2013

Another Park!


But another park is a good thing!  I've mentioned before how much I'm enjoying all the new-to-me locations chosen for the paint-outs.  So many beautiful spots for plein air paint-outs which are just a short drive away.  And of course my artist painting friends are terrific.

I've driven by Memorial Park in Pasadena many times, and only remember being there for an arts and crafts fair a long time ago.  And the only thing I remember about that is two pug dogs dressed in costumes.  It was another beautiful morning for painting.  This park is hilly, has a neat amphitheater, and various memorials.  I'll include a photo below of a prominent Civil War memorial statue.  There are good street views for painting around the park as well.  I tried to choose some of the park and also some of the street scene for my watercolor.  There were a lot of dogs out for a walk that morning but none in costume.     

8x10" watercolor


 





4 comments:

  1. Top notch work Sherry, I think you are fast becoming a wealth of tourist information for your local area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorraine! This piece seemed to go pretty smoothly.

      Delete
  2. Lovely work here, Sherry. I like your dry brush work too - it's effective in the composition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you as always Terry! Love when you visit and leave a comment!

      Delete