Saturday, March 31, 2018

Trumpets and Fire Sticks

Our quarterly planning meeting for future paint-outs was yesterday at the Arboretum.  A spring meeting there is always colorful.  It's also loud with the peacocks calling to each other.  I've been trying to experiment a bit with my watercolors, Something Different, being my previous painting there.  For this painting I was looking for some bright colors that I could surround with darker values.  After just a short walk I noticed the yellow trumpet tree, "Fire Sticks" plants, and some blooming aloes.  The "Fire Sticks' are a type of "Pencil Cactus", which isn't a cactus at all but a Euphorbia.  The Arboretum also had many tomato plants for purchase and I was happy to get one.

5" x 7" Watercolor





A peacock greeting people in the parking area

No comments:

Post a Comment