Monday, October 9, 2017

Something Different

Our quarterly planning meeting at the Arboretum was a couple weeks ago.  With the meeting, we have only short time to paint.  On my previous visit I painted a quick Arboretum Fountain.  This time I had some flowers in mind.  A favorite artist painted a watercolor of some orange flowers with a dark green background and I wanted to try something like that.  I painted some front yard iris flowers last April with a dark background which I enjoyed doing.  I looked around for quite awhile for what I had in mind and finally found some interesting orange flowers in various stages of bloom.  I also liked the bands of light on dark, and dark on light that I saw in the setting.  Next visit I'll see if there is a name plate for these flowers!

5" x 7" Watercolor





7" x 5" Watercolor 

No comments:

Post a Comment