Thursday, June 30, 2016

Virtual Paintout - Napa Valley!

It seems my post about the Virtual Paintout is always the end of the month.  The locations are so interesting to virtually look around that I spend too much time doing that.  This month host Bill Guffey chose the Napa Valley, Napa County, California.  Northern California isn't too far from me but I've never visited the Napa or Sonoma areas.

What a beautiful place to virtually visit.  I was really surprised by the vast number of vineyards and wineries.  Using Google Street View, I found many lovely views to paint.  I wanted to try one piece with gouache following the workshop with Mike Hernandez last weekend.  The other is transparent watercolor which I'm always trying to improve.  It would be great to visit Napa in person someday.

5" x 7" Gouache


5" x 7" Watercolor




No comments:

Post a Comment