Saturday, March 19, 2016

Southwest View

The Saturday plein air group visited the historic Southwest Museum for a recent paint-out.  It was my fourth time painting at the hilltop museum.  I really enjoy the view from the parking lot of the various surrounding neighborhoods.  Rooftop views are always interesting to me and something different to paint.  On our previous visit I painted a watercolor looking north, Hilltop View.  It's a downtown area in that view.  This time I looked southwest for a more residential view with hillsides toward downtown Los Angeles way off in the distance.

8" x 10" Watercolor


6 comments:

  1. What a tough perspective! You did this one great, Sherry. Foreground, midground, and background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry...always nervous about trying these views.

      Delete
  2. A little deconstructing on my part but it gives me insight - with a structure, if you lay a base down it can be just the shape of the structure, Right? but then you go back and drop in the shadows. I may have been doing it the other way around fearing I would loose luminosity. Confused? so am I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think dropping in shadows later is the usual, but then maybe you're right about the luminosity...hmmm.

      Delete