Thursday, December 31, 2015

Virtual Paintout - Ecuador!

It's the end of the month and also the end of 2015.  I like to post my pieces for the Virtual Paintout at the end of the month.  That seems to be when I get them done!  I would still be looking around Ecuador I'm sure if I didn't have the end of the month deadline.  A whole country to look around this time, and Ecuador also includes the Galapagos Islands.  There seemed to be a lot of construction everywhere, or deconstruction in progress.  Or, rather, not much progress.  I wondered if there were a lot of earthquakes in Ecuador because of all the partly finished structures.  It was exciting to look around the cities and rural areas.  I like to try a painting of both types of views.  Some practice for me.


5" x 7" Watercolor 


5" x 7" Watercolor






6 comments:

  1. Nice start to the New Year, Sherry! Like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post Sherry. I always like hearing what sparked off the impulse in an artist to pick up their brushes. Both fabulous interpretations of the scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With each one of your Virtual Paintout paintings, I always have the desire to visit that country. Now Ecuador is no exception. Great job, Sherry. All the best to you in 2016!

    ReplyDelete