Monday, March 23, 2015

Eaton Canyon Towers

It's been almost two years since I painted at Eaton Canyon.  A lot of plein air painters go there for the scenery.  Also a lot of school kids have field trips there for nature walks.  On my visit to the nature center two years ago to paint, I was learning how to get more familiar with using gouache.  I was ambitious and painted two pieces which I posted in February in Eaton Canyon.  This time I tried another gouache piece and included the electric transmission towers.  I painted the towers on my second visit to Eaton Canyon and posted that watercolor in Eaton Canyon.  The transmission towers are interesting to me and occupy a huge swath of property for miles.  I like to include them in my plein air paintings when they are in my view. 

5 x 7" Gouache



6 comments:

  1. Who would think electrical lines could be so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great source of inspiration for you, Sherry. These Eaton paintings are among your very best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful Sherry! and you caught that wee McMansion up in the hillside. So much better looking under your hand. lol

    ReplyDelete