Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Valley View

What a nice morning we had painting at the Southwest  Museum again recently.  It's been over a year since the last paint-out there, but I sat in the same spot to paint my watercolor.  My watercolor from November 2012 is posted here Southwest Museum with a bit of the museum's history.  Although I sat in the museum parking lot at the same picnic table, I planned to avoid painting the building's tower as I did last time.  Maybe I should have tried it again to hopefully see an improvement after a year plus.  Instead, I looked across the Arroyo Seco valley from the hilltop museum to the hilltop to the east.  I see watercolor artists I admire painting rooftops so well that I thought it would be a challenge to try a piece from my bird's eye view.  I really had fun with this view of the rooftops and distant hillside.


8 x 10" Watercolor


10 comments:

  1. You done a great job from this birds eye perspective Sherry, something I think I would struggle with. Your tell tale palette all over this one I would reconise your work anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lorraine! I had "orange" in mind for the view and went with it even though it was actually much greener/bluer.

      Delete
  2. Clever you, difficult angles from where you painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did this so well. I have a hilltop view of my neighbor's barn and have so often tried to capture that perspective...so difficult. Looks like you pulled this off wonderfully. Have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, thank you so much! Have a good weekend as well!

      Delete
  4. Wow, the texture you got on those hills is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed, Sherry. You achieved a wonderful rooftop perspective, which IMO is very difficult. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry! I was surprised this one went happily.

      Delete