Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Last for 2019~

I had planned to try something different, maybe a floral with Christmas colors, for my final painting in 2019.  Turns out it might be my first for 2020.  So, my last bit of art for 2019 was a sketch last Saturday with our plein air group.  We were at Memorial Park in Sierra Madre.  I was thinking of a sketch of the community garden there but it was being redone, adding more plots.  I noticed the side street to the east had a nice mix of buildings and trees, and wires which I like to add.  It was a cold morning so I decided to do a pen sketch rather than a watercolor.  The Stabilo pens are water soluble so I did add some water to see how that would go.  It's been fun to experiment with the various pens available.  Looking forward to doing more watercolor painting in 2020!

5" x 7" Pens


2 comments: