Thursday, February 22, 2018

Canyon Drive

The Saturday paint-out group met in a Monrovia neighborhood the weekend before Christmas.  I thought it would be a casual, calm painting location.  But no, parking spaces were hard to find on the busy street where we met.  There were so many people out on Saturday morning, taking this main street for the hike up into the Monrovia Canyon area.  So many hikers and dog walkers.  I chose a view I liked from a bit of a front lawn next to the street where I was out of the way of the hikers.  I started a small piece, including a utility pole, and soon a gardener's truck arrived and started mowing the lawn.  I painted faster and was happy it was a small painting.  I was ready to stop when the mowing got close to my set-up.  It's always an adventure!  

5" x 7" Watercolor


No comments:

Post a Comment