Saturday, December 16, 2017

Rialto Holidays

Our paint-out today was at the old 1925 Rialto Theater in South Pasadena.  The last time I painted there was about six months ago, Filming.  There was filming that day so I chose another view to paint.  The theater is still being restored and the outside still looks very bad but repairs have started on the interior.  For the holidays, "It's a Wonderful Life" is being shown there this weekend.  And I was happy to see the marquee decorated with garlands and red bows.  I've painted the building several times before, and there weren't many spots to paint from which were in the shade.  When I looked across the street I really liked my view of three artist friends and some tall palm trees in the distance.  I always enjoy including plein air painters in my pieces so it was perfect!

7" x 5" Watercolor

Brenda, Shinji, and Laural



South Pasadena High School marching band on their way to
 play at some local businesses for the holidays

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely Sherry. You always capture these scenes so well.
    Yes, I see your still going strong on the "Virtual Paintout."
    Good for you. !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The Virtual Paintout is on hiatus until January when I hope Bill will start it up again!

      Delete