Sunday, November 12, 2017

Hollenbeck Ducks

It's hard to believe that it's been four years since I painted at Hollenbeck Park, Hollenbeck Park Return.  The Saturday paint-out group returned on a pretty day a month or so ago.  The park is quiet in the morning and I love the lake with the many park birds...pigeons, ducks, and geese.  As usual it took me a while to choose my view to paint.  The palm trees surrounding the park are so beautiful, and the remaining part of the old boat house is appealing.  I found a nice spot under a tree with a view across the lake, including many birds.  As we were finishing our paintings some people with food for the birds arrived which brought them all.

7" x 5" Gouache




Curious Egyptian Geese



Vintage postcard of the old boat house.


No comments:

Post a Comment