Friday, November 17, 2017

Gates Closed...

A few weeks ago the paint-out group returned to the Los Angeles River Center and Gardens.  Unfortunately the gates were closed.  Many events, especially weddings, are held there because it's such a beautiful venue.  A wedding was going to be set up so we had to find a view to paint from outside the gates.  My previous completed painting was LA River Center.  On two other paint-outs we were told we had to leave in an hour for wedding preparations so I didn't finish my paintings.  Luckily there are many appealing views outside of the gates at this location.  The bougainvillea plants were bright with magenta flowers.  I decided to try a view of the hillside across the street which had some interesting elements that I like to include.  Hopefully the center will be open on our next visit.

7" x 5" Watercolor





Parking lot tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment