Saturday, September 23, 2017

Water Tower


The Saturday paint-out group was back at the Pasadena Power Plant recently, a favorite location for me.  On my previous visit I painted State Street, a watercolor.  I didn't know what would appeal to try for a painting this time.  But a couple fellow painters were sitting in a tiny triangle of shade from a wall on the north side of State Street.  I like to paint with other painters and there was just enough room in the shade for me and my materials.   My view across the street was of the hillside we usually paint from so it was neat to try a new vantage point.  And the white water tower is such a wonderful feature.   Of course I originally made the sky behind the white tower too light.  Another, darker, blue wash really helped, and I always love utility poles.  Our bit of shade vanished pretty quickly so this piece went quickly as well.

8" x 10" Watercolor



Our bit of shade kept shrinking.


 

6 comments: