Saturday, September 16, 2017

Arlington Jacaranda

I'm behind posting this watercolor!  One of the paint-out groups visited Arlington Garden in May.  Artists love Arlington Garden since it looks different in every season.  In April I painted this small watercolor, Arlington in April.  I don't recall seeing the large Jacaranda tree there with such gorgeous purple flowers in other years...there were more and brighter flowers on the huge tree.  Maybe all the rain we had was what the tree needed.  I looked around for views to paint but kept coming back to the purple flowers.  I seemed to have the perfect paint colors to capture the flower color.  I was lucky to be there that day since the flowers don't last long.  

8" x 10" Watercolor





Such a tiny hummingbird!

Pete Morris leading the discussion of the paintings.


No comments:

Post a Comment