Friday, June 30, 2017

Virtual Paintout - Guatemala!

The Virtual Paintout for June 2017 was Guatemala.  I like participating in the Virtual Paintout and always enjoy virtually looking around the month's location for my views to paint.  Guatemala has ancient Maya archeological sites, and the beautiful old colonial city, Antigua Guatemala.  There is never enough time for me to see everything using Google Street View.  I usually try to choose a city scene and a country scene.  And I'm always trying to improve my watercolor painting, so the Virtual Paintout is good practice time.  Looking forward to the July location announcement.

5" x 7" Watercolor


5" x 7" Gouache



5 comments:

  1. Love these, Sherry!! If you're a member of this group are you under an obligation to paint something or can you do your own thing and participate if desired. Always enjoy seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joani! No obligation to paint something, but anything you submit has to be from Google Street View and has to have the accompanying URL.

      Delete
  2. I like both of these Sherry, each different but both scenes really nicely done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine, I try to choose two very different locations. I remember when you used to join in!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your help, Sherry!

    ReplyDelete