Monday, May 8, 2017

Eclectic Music Festival!

The South Pasadena Eclectic Music Festival for 2017 was this past weekend.  I was honored to be invited by the Laurie Hendricks Gallery to be a part of "Paint the Music" at the gallery.  Artists were to bring a previously painted piece to hang in the gallery before the event last Saturday.  Then on the day of the event we painted our choice of the music venues or musicians.  Our hours to paint were before the music festival started.  Our finished pieces had to be framed and delivered to the gallery in a few hours.

The watercolor I took in to the gallery before the event was of a clarinet player that I painted a few years ago.  On the day of the festival, unfortunately our weather forecast was for some showers.  As predicted it was overcast, windy, with a few drizzles.  Wanting to paint something to do with the music festival, I chose to try the main stage.  Things were still being set up for the first band, scheduled to play at 4PM.  I really enjoyed listening to the group's sound checks as I painted.  As I was almost finished, more trucks arrived, parked in front of the stage and my view.  Our pieces from the paint-out needed to be turned in to the gallery so I had to leave, finish up a bit, and put the painting in a frame.  It was really fun to see the participating artists' paintings.  An exciting day!          

8" x 10" Watercolor



9" x 6.5" Watercolor




2 comments: