Sunday, August 21, 2016

Crossing

This plein air gouache piece was painted a couple months ago at one of our main intersections in South Pasadena.   I've painted it several times before.  Buster's and the Mission Gold Line Station are the main features at the road and track crossing.  My previous post was Goodbye Buster's.  Yes, Buster's is now an ice cream shop.  I sat across Meridian Avenue and the light rail tracks, facing the west side of the old Buster's brick building.  A new view for me, and it was kind of a quick piece.  Brenda Swenson had invited us to meet after painting at her local studio.  A fun morning!

5" x 7" Gouache


Mission Station


2 comments:

  1. I am happy you showed the photo as well. You did a great job. It reads perfectly. Not easy with hill, corner and another street.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, I always appreciate your comments.

      Delete