Tuesday, May 3, 2016

May Sketching!

Since it's May, the Every Day in May sketch challenge has started.  This world-wide challenge has become bigger and bigger since it began years ago.  There are over a thousand people in the Facebook Group, and there is also a Flickr Group with over 6000 posts of sketches.  The idea is to do something creative every day for the month of May.

For EDM there is a list of topics for each day to get sketchers started.  A lot of topics on the list are "prompts", rather than specific objects so we can be more creative.  It's really fun to see how different artists interpret the same topic.  I'm always thinking I should do more sketching so last year I tried the EDM challenge.  I enjoyed using some other media than my usual watercolors but I only lasted 10 days.  We'll see how many sketches I will do this year, and of course it's OK to do what you can...having fun is the goal.

May 1, 2016, a toy

May 1, 2015, a favorite food
  

No comments:

Post a Comment