Sunday, December 29, 2013

Chickens!

Our Saturday paint-out yesterday was lots of fun.  One of the artists in our group has mentioned that he and his wife have chickens and we were welcome to paint at his house.  I've really been looking forward to it happening and it finally did!

I've been painting gouache pieces lately because of the colder winter weather.  It was beautiful and sunny so I thought I'd get back to a plein air watercolor piece.  Well, you know chickens don't hold still.  Maybe they pose for a few seconds but that's it.  They are so much fun to watch.  I wish I had some chickens!    

8 x 10" watercolor




4 comments:

  1. Sherry, this is such a wonderful mix of elements and so well done - I just love your plein air painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joani! You made it work on the comments! I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. You manage to keep finding great scenes to bring to real life with your paintings Sherry, every good wish for a wonderful 2014

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lorraine! The best to you in 2014 too.

      Delete