Monday, October 19, 2015

The Crow

Recently I was looking at some of Andrea Kowch's moody paintings.  She uses plants, butterflies, and crows as symbols in her magical art.  Her crows reminded me that I hadn't posted a gouache piece I painted in April at Descanso Gardens.  It was a very dark, dreary morning, almost sprinkling.  Since it was April, roses were blooming.  We walked round the rose garden looking for an inspiring view to paint.  Instead, the small stream running through the gardens was the highlight of the walk.  The water reflected so brightly in the gray surroundings.  There was a busy crow hanging around squawking as we painted and I had to include him.  

7" x 5" Gouache


Roses on a fence.


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place! I like your painting even better than the photo. Your colors are just delicious!

    ReplyDelete