Sunday, August 16, 2015

Second Visit!

The Friday paint-out group enjoyed Mission Nursery in San Marino so much that we wanted a second visit.  It was a few months ago when we were there and I painted Mission Nursery.  On this recent visit, I had some choices to make...as always I guess!  Since I painted from across the street on the west side last time, I thought maybe I would try a piece from inside the nursery.  One artist mentioned this to a worker who did not look pleased so we decided against that.  The aisles are narrow.  There is a greenhouse inside too which would have been all right but I wasn't up for humidity and so much green.  OK, outside on the front sidewalk there was a small tree for some shade and I tried a gouache piece looking into the front of the nursery.  Another choice was whether to add my fellow painter, Harold.  Instead, our group member, Shinji quickly posed for me inside the nursery behind some flowers for sale so I could include a figure.  But whether or not to add the red metal fence in front of the business.  I decided against it but still a little unsure!

7" x 5" Gouache



The greenhouse...lots of green, and humid!

12 comments:

  1. Hi, Sherry, your work is very adorable and charrrming! You've got to teach me how to draw. No surprise that you've won prizes and worked at card companies. Now, you're enjoying drawing as you like! Keep up your wonderful work. Best wishes, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sadami, thank you for such a nice comment!...and your paintings are wonderful!

      Delete
  2. Your interpretation is just beautiful,Sherry! I love the figure in the space too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it all looks so lush! I really loved your earlier piece there, but this one eclipses that! I love all your greens, and the figure is the icing on the cake. Foreground flowers and wisps of grass - wow! Good decision to leave the fence out - it looks great, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry, it really is lush, perfect word. I'm glad you think "no fence" too.

      Delete
  4. Those greens are so vibrant! Love your figure too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherry- this is so lovely. I can feel the sun as well as the cool that you captured with the person in the shade. Super.

    ReplyDelete
  6. if anyone could pull off that red fence it would have been you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Thank you Liz! Didn't see you Sat. when I finally finished and walked back to the Caltech parking lot.

      Delete