Sunday, August 23, 2015

Hahamongna

Recently I was back at Oak Grove Park, also known as Hahamongna Watershed Park.  On my previous visit I painted this watercolor, Oak Grove Park.  That was a couple months ago.  The summer weather was getting pretty warm on this second visit so most of us chose a big oak tree to paint under.  Our view was across the flood basin behind Devil's Gate Dam.  I always like to include utility poles and I could see some on the basin's eastern edge along with some homes.  The San Gabriel Mountains are always a feature Pasadena plein air painters are looking to paint and they were a very hazy the morning we were there.  I think overhanging branches are risky to add but since we were surrounded by the tree I wanted to include them.  And we weren't forgetting this is the home of the world's first disc golf course since there was a "hole" right behind us.  No close calls with Frisbees this time!

8" x 10" Watercolor



Frisbee golf course hole!

6 comments:

  1. Sherry, I think you did a great job with all aspects of this one - foreground, middle, and background - all beautifully done. This must be an inspirational place for you to paint. Loved Oak Grove park back in June, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. painting with risks Sherry, golf balls!!!. Lovely scene with your beautiful palette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your treatment of the mountain is superb. that wash you put in has me feeling mountain envy. lol

    ReplyDelete