Monday, August 3, 2015

San Pascual Stables

In June I was at San Pascual Stables in South Pasadena for my third paint-out there.  But this was the first time I've finished a painting!  Sadly, I have no links to previous posts of previous paintings.  On my first visit I put a horse in my watercolor and needed another half hour to get some details but sprinklers came on and the group left a little early.  I'm not inspired to finish the piece.  On my second visit, I started a gouache piece after taking too much time walking around.  The sun moved, cars got in the way of my view, time was running out...I didn't finish or even get a good start.  

I also walked around too long on this recent visit.  Just beyond the parking lot there is a nice trail that passes under some wonderful bridges so I walked up that way.  Maybe trying to avoid painting the main horse training ring.  I really do like the main ring with its striped awning over the viewer's bleachers and couldn't resist.  I tried a quick gouache piece which went well but there is no horse in it.  There were a couple jumping lessons going on with horses trotting by.  I can try adding a horse on a future visit...if they might stop and pose!      


5" x 7" Gouache





10 comments:

  1. OMG (as the kids say) You did such an excellent job on that hillside behind the barn. I'm speechless it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is WOW, Sherry - a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry- this is a wonderful painting. Looks like you caught the barn perfectly. Hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real beauty, Sherry. No horse necessary!

    ReplyDelete