Sunday, May 31, 2015

Virtual Paintout - Cesky Krumlov!

The Virtual Paintout for May 2015 was Cesky Krumlov in the Czech Republic.  Bill Guffey chooses the monthly Virtual Paintout location from all over the world, anywhere Google Street View vehicles have covered.  Artists virtually walk and drive around the chosen location to find their views to paint.  Bill generously posts the artwork on his blog and on Facebook.  

Since I won't be able to personally visit most of these locations I really enjoy browsing around virtually.   I especially like looking around with a painting in mind.  Cesky Krumlov is a small but amazing city with a beautiful river and castle.  It also has a museum dedicated to painter Egon Schiele who lived there.  The river that winds through the city appears to be very popular for kayaking and rafting.  It was hard narrowing down the views to two to paint!  


5" x 7" Watercolor


5" x 7" Gouache




8 comments:

  1. You picked some beautiful spots, Sherry, and did such a great job. Cessky Krumlov is on my bucket list (if I ever get to the Czech Republic, which I would love to do). It really looks like a fairy tale town, and I think you captured that. Your colors, as always, are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry, I hope you get to go there someday.

      Delete
  2. And the sunlight sings! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great choices for scenes Sherry and painted beautifully well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine, thinking I should have tried the castle.

      Delete
  4. You must have really liked the location because you did two! I think the second is my favorite. Love the treatment of water and shadow. So charming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! I always do two for the VP. It started as a way to practice my gouache on these small pieces.

      Delete