Wednesday, May 13, 2015

View Across the River


I'm really enjoying painting with the new plein air group that meets at various locations along the Los Angeles River.  The L.A. River has been going through revitalization and is becoming beautifully restored.  The river locations always seem exciting to me.  Very peaceful watery scenes but also usually accompanied by noise from a nearby freeway.  Somehow the freeway sounds are okay when I'm painting at the river.  My previous paint-out with the group was at Bette Davis Park and I posted that watercolor in Bette Davis Park.  It was fun to meet up with them again at a non-descript area near Rio De Los Angeles State Park.  There was no shade so I was lucky the morning was overcast and dreary.  To add some interest to my painting I was also happy to see some warehouse type buildings across the river and a water tank on the hill.


5" x 7" Gouache



Friends painting down by the water

Nearby Metro yards

6 comments:

  1. Sherry, your work has grown by leaps and bounds! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vibrant colors, Sherry, echoed by the turbulent sky. Your water shimmers. An exciting painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terry. These river views are always interesting.

      Delete
  3. it may have been a cool day but you were certainly able to put in some punchy color up on that hill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colors and values did seem to stand out that day.

      Delete