Monday, April 13, 2015

April at Arlington Garden

On April 4th we were painting at Arlington Garden.  I expected to see the field of red poppies as we saw last year but there were just a few as compared to April '14.  I painted two pieces of the poppies at one paint-out last year and posted those pieces in The Red Poppies!.  Not so many poppies, that's OK since Arlington Garden has many wonderful views to paint.  There's a shed on the north side and a work/potting area.  I tried a watercolor of it on my first paint-out there three years ago,  Saturday Paint-Out.  Time to try it again since I thought it looked very colorful with the bougainvillea and I liked the light on the tree in the background.  A nice spring day for painting.

10 x 8" Watercolor



14 comments:

  1. I love your local paintings and enjoy feeling I am there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice painting. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much lovelier than the photo reference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joani, I wouldn't be so good at "photo-realism"...ha.

      Delete
  4. This is such a great location for your plein air paintings. I remember all your other endeavors there, because I liked them so much. This one is no exception, Sherry. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry. It's really a smallish garden but so many possibilities.

      Delete
  5. Great colours and perfect placement Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recall being very impressed with your purplish foreground - maybe I can do something like that if I ever get back to the South West Museum. I fear I have homework ; )

    ReplyDelete