Monday, April 20, 2015

Bette Davis Park

The new L.A. River paint-out group had Bette Davis Park on the schedule for last Tuesday.  I've been by the park many times but never saw the river from there.  After phoning our organizer to find the group, it turned out to be a nice area for painting...just up an embankment and there was the river.  We had a small group of painters which is always nice.  There were some busy plovers wading in the sandy parts of the river but I couldn't get a good photo.  This was the second time I've painted with the group.  Rattlesnake Park was my first experience and I posted that gouache piece in Rattlesnake Park.  It's an exciting environment, combining nature with urban, and I'm looking forward to the next outing!

10 x 8" Watercolor





6 comments:

  1. What a great take on this scene, Sherry - you continue to amaze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only you could make nature and cement look so good together, Sherry! Really great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry...I would change things now of course.

      Delete
  3. Named after the actress? your industrial scape it a lot better then mine. Wish this group met on a day other then Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be named after Bette herself. Always an interesting paint-out.

      Delete