Saturday, July 31, 2021

Dabney Hall

One of my favorite places to paint is Caltech in Pasadena.  The Saturday group has painted there many times.  I was happy to be back there a few weeks ago.  The flowers were blooming, and people were there walking their dogs, some people cycling through the campus.

Dabney Hall (1929) always catches my eye.  It's sort of pink, just beautiful with its plantings of agapanthus surrounding the jacaranda trees.  My first gouache piece there was painted in 2013.  I painted another gouache of the building since two painting friends also decided to paint the view.   It's always fun to chat while painting!

News update - I'm trying to get a new email subscription service for this blog.  Current subscribers will need to resubscribe when it's active.  Thanks!

5" x 7" Gouache (2021)

7"  x  5" Gouache  (2013)


Beckman Auditorium (1964)

Beckman Auditorium (1964)

 






No comments:

Post a Comment