Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Pomegranates and Succulents

I have a few sketches to post, so here are two featuring gardens and plants.  I've been driving by Mission Gardens but had not stopped to check it out.  They specialize in decorative arrangements.  I especially liked the succulents growing in frames so I set up my sketching spot next to the curb to try out some pens.

The pomegranate trees surrounding the patio at the Old Mill finally had beautiful red, ripe pomegranates.  We were waiting for them ripen, and planned to visit to draw or paint them.  Fortunately it was a bright morning, making the pomegranates look so pretty and red in the sun.


7" x 5" Pen Sketch (Stabilo)



5" x 7" Pen and Watercolor




2 comments:

  1. Lovely paintings. I've not seen pomagranates on the tree in real life.

    ReplyDelete