Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Some Sketches

I've been wanting to do more sketching...of course.  I know other artists who sketch all the time, every day.  I never got into the habit of daily sketching and carrying a sketchbook wherever I go.  I've done a few recent sketches that have maybe given me a push.  It began with my friend Barbara's holiday get-together for painting friends when I sketched her dog, Frankie.  He was napping in his chair.  Perfect.  Then another sketch of a planter of succulents for a Facebook group's project.  I tried using toned paper with water-soluble pencils and some gouache.  I continued with some flowering branches.  It's a fun start and there are so many materials to experiment with.

Frankie with Stabilo pens

Watercolor pencils with gouache, toned paper

Micron pens with pastel pencil, toned paper

2 comments: