Thursday, August 30, 2018

VIRTUAL PAINTOUT - U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS

Who knew that the Virtual Paintout for September 2017 would be the last one until August 2018?  It was a surprise to me when Bill Guffey, the paint-out's creator and host decided to go on hiatus.  It was only supposed to be for three months but turned out to be eleven months.  I know Bill needed a break and some time off.  I missed the paint-out.

I was very surprised when my monthly check of the website announced the return for August.  The U.S. Virgin Islands sounded like a wonderful place to see via Google Street View.  The U.S. Virgin Islands include St. Thomas,  St. John, and St. Croix, a lot of area to check out for a painting spot.  I found these islands really interesting to see.  I know I won't ever be there in person.  I happened to go down Strand Street where the picturesque Hotel St. Croix is located.

7" x 5" Watercolor


2 comments:

  1. Sherry this is a lovely painting. Your lavender shades always seem to appear in your work. Love them. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, Thank you for your nice comment. Hope your weekend is good!

      Delete