Saturday, April 14, 2018

Plein Air Festival 2018

Last week was the 2018 Los Angeles Plein Air Festival.  I've enjoyed participating in the past two events, Plein Air Festival 2016 being the previous festival.  I painted last time at the 1924 Spring Arcade building at the Broadway entrance in downtown L.A.  It was fun to return to the same location to try another street scene this year.  The eye catching, red Los Angeles Theater sign is such a terrific downtown landmark.  I wanted to include it in my view.  It was nice to see that the Spring Arcade is looking busier with more restaurants, and very festive with cheerful white lights criss-crossing the main walkway.  Although participating artists can paint anywhere in the city I would be happy to try this downtown view again next year.

8" x 10" Watercolor, looking south on Broadway




Looking north on Broadway



Vintage photo of the Spring Arcade

No comments:

Post a Comment