Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Virtual Paintout - Puerto Rico!

Each month I enjoy participating in the Virtual Paintout hosted by Bill Guffey.  Bill chooses the month's location from places covered by Google Street View vehicles.  Artists can virtually "walk" around the location to select their subject to draw or paint.  I always learn something when I virtually visit cities and countries that I'll never get to see in person.

For January 2017 the location was Puerto Rico.  It is an archipelago of islands, and an unincorporated territory of the United States.  I always run out of time looking around.  And I didn't realize until after I finished my two paintings and saw other artist's submissions that I forgot to look around Old Town San Juan.  Disappointing.  Of course I can still look around there with Street View.  Where will next month's location be?  

5" x 7" Gouache


5" x 7" Watercolor


No comments:

Post a Comment