Sunday, July 17, 2016

Descanso Train

Last Friday I painted at Descanso Gardens in La Canada Flintridge.  It's a botanical garden of over 150 acres so there is always a great choice of views to paint.   Maybe there are too many choices and not enough painting time!  I tend to walk around looking for too long.  On my previous paint-out there I painted The Crow.

Near the entrance is the Descanso Gardens Enchanted Railroad that I have never painted.  The eighth scale diesel replica has its own train house.  So this time I sat across the promenade and tried a watercolor of the train house and flower beds.  Descanso also features a lot of power lines, towers, and poles that I'm always happy to include!

8" x 10" Watercolor


The Enchanted Railroad

Cardoon with bees!

No comments:

Post a Comment