Friday, October 23, 2015

Library Neighborhood

I probably go out plein air painting with too many groups so I often paint at the same locations.  But, I think there are always new views to choose.  The groups have been at the South Pasadena Library a lot lately it seems.  I painted a gouache piece last time Our Library.  On my most recent visit I decided to try a view looking down the neighborhood street on the west side of the library.  As usual, the sun kept moving!  Sitting under some trees, the dappled shade kept changing.  I don't like to paint with sun on my paper or on my paints so I must have moved ten times.  There was some excitement at the library that Friday.  Workers were putting up pretty decorations for the Moon Festival the next day.  

8" x 10" Watercolor



    

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful - dappled light can be tough to convey, but you've always done that so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Sherry! You caught a great Z-pattern on the path, and the light is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes lovely light Sherry. You have lots of experience at en plein air and I take note of any tips. I don't really enjoy it so much here because of the heat or wind or blasted flies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine! I've heard about the flies! Ants are what get to me.

      Delete
  4. I enjoy the way you integrate figures into your work, nicely done Sherry. All those plein air excursions are paying off.

    ReplyDelete