Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Ah, my first Thanksgiving as a blogger!  It's Thanksgiving time here in the U.S.  The first Thanksgiving celebrated a big harvest, but now it's more of a time to reflect on what we're thankful for.  Through art blogging, I've made some new friends in other countries who I know will relate to this holiday for giving thanks.  Of course, it's also a time for families to get together for a special meal, traditionally turkey.

With my background in greeting card illustration, over the years I've collected some vintage cards which have neat images.  I just ran across this 1956 calendar page by Norcross (an old greeting card company) which shows Thanksgiving falling on November 22, just as it does this year.  I have to share it and wish you all Happy Thanksgiving.



4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanks Giving Sherry even if we don't celebrate here in the UK. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope yours was a good one, Sherry!

    ReplyDelete