Thursday, July 5, 2012

Plein Air Painting

Just a few months ago I found out about two local groups of artists that schedule paint-outs in my area.  I've had so much fun trying this and it's something I've wanted to do for so long.  It's wonderful to have paint-outs on my schedule now.  It's been exciting, and a learning experience painting watercolors on site.

This is my watercolor of a very well known intersection in my city of South Pasadena, CA.  The brick building has been painted many times by local artists.  It would be terrific to have a show of all the paintings over the years.  The business is Buster's, an ice cream and coffee "stop".  They just had their 25th anniversary.  I wanted to join the plein air artists I saw painting there many times.  Finally got the chance!  I'm showing here my painting as well as my actual view across the street.


There's a new Gold Line Metro stop at this intersection so there is always a lot going on.  This is 9x12" including a narrow border.


Photo of my view from across the street, under the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment