Saturday, January 21, 2017

Winter Light

A break in the January rain we're having here in Southern California made for a beautiful paint-out day at Arlington Garden.  It was chilly but the sun was out.  The many garden paths, plantings, and charming furniture really provide many surprises and a hard choice of what to settle on for a painting.  My previous paint-out there was in September, New Umbrellas!.  Some striking backlit, leafless trees behind a table and chairs at the end of the bocce court caught my eye.  I used gouache since I thought it would dry faster than transparent watercolor on such a chilly day.

7" x 5" Gouache



Another view I liked, maybe next time

2 comments:

  1. Just love this, Sherry, especially the umbrella and the rich shadow in the foreground!

    ReplyDelete