Saturday, January 14, 2017

First For 2017!

I'm finally getting to a painting and a blog post for 2017.  I haven't painted out since December 10.  There were the holidays and rain here but today the sun was shinning and I was anxious to see if I remembered how to paint.  The group met in the Angelino Heights neighborhood of Los Angeles.  We were there in January 2016 as well and I posted my watercolor in Another Neighborhood.

Angelino Heights is such a charming area.  Five streets meet at an island covered with succulents, lavender, and rosemary.  Bob's Market, 1910,  is the centerpiece in this historic neighborhood of Victorian homes.  This would be my fifth painting in the area and I decided to put Bob's in my painting again.  I haven't included Bob's since my first visit.  It seems there is always a cat watching the dog walkers and painters from a window.  It was fun to be out painting with friends again.  

10' x 8" Watercolor





4 comments: