Saturday, October 19, 2013

Palisades Park


This week was full of exciting paint-out locations with the groups I go out with.  On Friday we car-pooled west for some ocean scenery.  We met in Santa Monica at Palisades Park.  The park stretches for a mile and a half along a bluff overlooking the Pacific.  It was a beautiful day with stunning views of the beach from Malibu to the Santa Monica pier.

The park attracts visitors from everywhere.  It's a great place for walking, exercising, biking, watching the sunset, and of course scenic views for painters.  We had six in our group that day, and there happened to be a plein air oil painting class meeting there too.  I thought it was fun to have so many painters working there.  I chose a view next to a walkway down to the beach where I could also see the pier.  I wanted to include the pier with its ferris wheel.  It's spectacular at night when it's lit but I haven't seen it in person.  Another visit would be great!



Some of the plein air oil class painting near me.

10 comments:

  1. Oh Sherry, I can see why you had fun painting this scene. As always your paintings bring the scenes to life, this one has so much going on, you must have had to paint quite fast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks as always Lorraine! I'm probably painting faster than I used to. The location was great and I wish it didn't take so long to get there now with the traffic.

      Delete
  2. I love Santa Monica. You really captured the vibe on the beach - just great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terry! It was such a gorgeous day there and different scenery for me.

      Delete
  3. So nice Sherry; I always marvel at how you take such a basic looking scene and make it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your painting a million times more than the photos! Wow!

    ReplyDelete