Friday, March 5, 2021

A Bird's Eye View

 I tried this piece in gouache for one of our Saturday group prompts to paint from a "bird's eye view".   A fun concept to try.  Driving over the Verdugo Wash in Glendale was about as high as I could get for my view.  My "bird" seems more like she's sitting on the bridge railing looking for a distant view to paint.  Of course I could have just looked down at something on the ground but this was a nice challenge with many options.     


7" x 5" Gouache



2 comments:

  1. "Concrete creeks" always catch my eye. Good choice, well done.
    I've always wondered about gouache. Is it much different from watercolor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Thank you! Gouache is very similar to watercolor and can be used about the same. It just isn't transparent. No luminous washes but since it's opaque you can paint over areas and also paint light colors over darks.

    ReplyDelete