Sunday, September 10, 2017

Morning at the Lake

One of the paint-outs this week was at Peck Road Park.  My first visit was about four years ago, Peck Road Park, and I managed to paint two pieces...a watercolor and a gouache.  That was very ambitious when I was first trying out gouache.  I just try one painting at the locations now.  This park has a large lake and wonderful mountain views, not to mention many birds, fish, frogs, etc.  I wanted to paint near the other painters who were there so went with a view I could see from where they were which was close to the edge of the water.  I like to add some kind of structure to my paintings which I could do with some fencing on the hillside.  Unfortunately, there were tons of ants which I really don't like to deal with while painting.  At least they are small ants...

8" x 10" Watercolor



No comments:

Post a Comment