Saturday, November 19, 2016

Something Different

It was a very different paint-out for me yesterday.  We had a well-known local model posing for the group outside at our local library.  It's been a long time since I tried painting a live model.  Maybe art school was the last time many years ago.  During the week I painted a couple practice pieces from magazine photos.  That didn't help me too much.  Marian wore a long dress, sat under the trees, and we had perfect weather.  She wanted to be in the shade so her face was in shadow, light was from behind her.  Maybe extra hard to paint...at least I thought so.   A photo of her to paint from later was an extra charge but I think these two small pieces are finished.  I would like to try this again sometime.      

7" x 5" Watercolor

7" x 5" Gouache

4 comments: