Sunday, November 13, 2016

Construction~

The Saturday paint-out group met near the famous 1913 Colorado Street Bridge last week.  The street where we were had a great view of the bridge, a little different from our usual vantage points.  But, it turned out to be a busy morning and I didn't feel up to those many bridge arches which are always a challenge.  There is also a wonderful and unusual view of the famous 1920 Vista Del Arroyo Hotel.  Complicated I thought.  Right in front of me was an interesting vignette of some construction materials for a Habitat for Humanity project.  I gave it a try in gouache and had a fun morning with my painting friends.

7" x 5" Gouache


Colorado Street Bridge

Vista Del Arroyo Hotel

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo right down my alley - love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joani, I like these types of scenes too. Not very "pretty", just ordinary...

      Delete