Monday, November 30, 2015

Virtual Paintout - Istanbul!

The Virtual Paintout for November 2015 was Istanbul!  I was happy to see that Bill Guffey chose this location for the month.  Over the years I've admired so many photos and paintings of the city.  Keiko Tanabe has painted some stunning watercolors on site in Istanbul.  Each month of course there isn't enough time to look around using Google Street View as I would like.  I wanted to see the Grand Bazaar, thinking maybe the Street View team got in there without a car, but no.  I found many other stunning views and chose to try a characteristic view of a mosque in watercolor and another in gouache.  Sorry it's hard to get the proper colors online as they are on the artwork, especially for my gouache pieces.  I find the Virtual Paintout to be good practice and always fun!

5" x 7" Watercolor


5" x 7" Gouache



6 comments:

  1. Two lovely scenes Sharry, your paintings on VP would make. Great travel collection to inspire anyone to go see the real thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine. I guess I keep doing the VP since I won't travel to see the real thing.

      Delete
  2. Outstanding, each one, Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a difference scenes are when they is painted! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joani! Love this scenery we don't have here.

      Delete