Sunday, November 23, 2014

Autumn at La Casita

I returned to paint at La Casita in Pasadena recently.  It's a spectacular old 1933 building made of arroyo stones.  Perched on the edge of the Arroyo Seco, to me it always seems to have a softness about it with its pale, dusty blue trim.  I posted my previous painting there in La Casita Del Arroyo.  From La Casita there is a nice view of the famous Colorado Street Bridge, which I haven't tried painting yet.  Some day!  But not on this visit.  I painted La Casita again, adding some of my paint-out friends this time.  I also took two work-in-progress photos to share.  

8 x 10" Watercolor


First wash

Second pass


20 comments:

  1. Lovely painting and so nice to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting. You have a wonderful eye for bringing out the best in the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see the progress shots Sherry and then the wonderful finished work

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've made a parking lot look so beautiful! Lovely painting, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Thanks Terry! Last time we painted there, cars were in all those parking spaces!

      Delete
  5. Love seeing stages, Sherry - you've done it again, making the painting look way better than real life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joani, I thought maybe fellow watercolor artists would like the WIP and I'm surprised that others are too.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful seeing it come alive. Adding the figures gives it an added interest that I really like.
    You do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh oh oh oh I want to go here!!! yes indeed, lets take on the bridge lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...I'm still putting off trying the bridge. :-)

      Delete
  8. Fabulous painting as always Sherry. Really interesting to see your process. Thanks for sharing. Hope you enjoyed Thanksgiving. The postcards were lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! I really appreciate your comments.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful, colorful and lively, great to see your steps !

    ReplyDelete